- Because I'm a good guy, I sat through Carolina this weekend (an eight year old movie I'd never heard of.) Funny line from it: "I'm not asking you to be a normal child . . . . I'm just asking you to be a little smarter about your crazy side, okay?"
- And I finally watched Seven Pounds starring Will Smith. The more I think about it, the more I don't like it.
- The daughter of the Austin/IRS/Crash pilot called him a "hero" over the weekend. I'll give her a break since she's the daughter.
- Since seperating my shoulder over the Snow Day, I'm back to my jogging schedule. Even I'm amazed the pain has subsided.
- Ate at El Fenix off Woodall Rogers this weekend. Is that the original location?
- And this dawned on me the other day. You get your dining bill, you give them your credit card, they come back, you add a tip. Do they then go back and rerun the card to add the tip to it? I guess they have to. (But wouldn't it be smarter just to get the tip amount before running it the first time?)
- And I finally saw the inside of the Meyerson Symphony Center. Meh. (Kidding. It's fantastic.)
- Even Olympic hockey bores me. But I saw lots of people griping last night that the US/Canada game wasn't on HD -- I had it on HD, once I found it on MSNBC.
- For news junkies only: Did you see the news footage about Israeli spies possibly/probably being behind the killing of a Hamas' leader (it made the news because of the security cams capturing their moves)? That was right out of the movie Munich.
- I actually watched the first 13 "chapters" of R. Kelly's "Trapped In A Closet" this weekend. That was crazy. (I had always heard about it but had never seen it.)
- Even though the constant Tiger Wood's apology analysis beat me down over the weekend, bringing in a "body language" expert almost caused me to destroy my television invention.
- Some of the Olympic bobsledders had a bit of belly bulging out in those spandex suits.
- I posted a crummy cell phone pic this week on twit pic which prompted Messenger photographer Joe Duty to reply "Very nice." Kinda made my day.
- I like waking up in the middle of the night on the weekend and realizing I can go back to bed and sleep as long as I want. (Even though I'm still normally up before 8:00 a.m. anyway)
- Probably interesting for lawyers only: Former Tarrant County judge Bob Gill has been accused in federal testimony by attorney Bill Ray of engaging in "plea negotiations" in connection with Motions to Revoke probation. (The best I can tell, attorneys would go up to the judge and ask "what are you thinking about giving my client if we contest the revocation?" That'd be good information to know).
at 9:06 PM