- I went down to the Baylor/A&M basketball game last night (after much urging by my buddies). Good times.
- Has I-35 been under construction for 30 years?
- And when did everyone and their dog head south of Fort Worth towards Burleson after 5:00 p.m.
- There's a billboard on I-35 announcing a new "cabaret" in downtown Fort Worth called "Panther City." As someone in our group said, "How do they Bass brothers allow that?"
- I bought a leather jacket for myself for Christmas. I love the leather jacket --- those things are warm.
- Baylor students taunted the Aggies with inflatable sheep. Funny bit.
- The free T-shirt cannon sure is a big player in any arena.
- Funny moment at the game came when a guy from our group turned to a very good looking gal sitting beside him and said, "Hi, I'm [name], Class of [year]." Her response was, "Uh, I'm a junior in high school." I live for moments like that.
- I end up sitting by a cute gal who was a basketball hound. She'd scream out things like, "You've got to block out!", "You've got to square up!" and to the ref: "You've got to call the first foul and not the retaliation if you want to get control of this game!" Wore me out.
- She was not in high school.
- Getting in and out of a sold-out basketball game is a thousand times easier than getting in and out of a sold out football game. I guess the reason is obvious.
- Did you know people will line up to buy kolaches in West after 10:00 at night?
- Everyone in my group said they would be happy to relive their college days. I'm not so sure about that.
- Also met a couple of law school students last night. I'm 100% certain I wouldn't do that again.
- I'm not used to getting home after midnight on a school night.
- Unrelated: Teachers get suspended for lap dance during pep rally. (But it was in crazy Canada.) Video.
- The first item in today's Update was that a fire in Newark was declared to be arson. There is no more on an inexact science than arson investigation.
- Channel 8 video on Jackie Murphree trial.
at 8:25 AM