- Best line yesterday from a friend: "Sheesh, doesn't anyone know to practice discretion anymore? When did that stop?"
- You can do things with a girl while ice dancing at the Olympics that you can't do after five dates in the real world.
- I've noticed that the ice dancing couples do a lot of "over bowing" at the end of the routine once the applause comes.
- OK, I wrote the last two points while watching ice dancing. I'm switching to ESPN right now.
- New credit card regulations went into effect yesterday in order to "protect consumers." When I was 18, I got my first credit card. My dad simply said, "Don't do anything stupid. You have to pay for what you charge." Those were all the regulations that I ever needed to hear.
- This should be its own post: A buddy of mine pointed out how foot loose and fancy free the rules are if you fly a private plane by visual flight rules instead of by instrument. You can take off and fly to a different airstrip and never tell anyone that your doing it.
- The term that sticks in my head coined by John Mayer after his Playboy interview from last week: Sexual Napalm. That guy is crazy.
- Still my favorite John Mayer song: Comfortable.
- The Fox 4 weather guy this morning was already talking about "black ice" for tomorrow since he really didn't have anything to talk about when it wasn't snowing.
- It's amazing how every ad for a guy/gal running for judge in Texas is the same: A "true conservative." Won't legislate from the bench. Will interpret the law instead of make law. Tough but fair.
- Late Tiger apology thought: The best apology had to be that of Jimmy Swaggart - full out weeping and crying. Now that's the way it's done. And, while channel surfing this weekend, I ran across a Jimmy Swaggart Ministries' show with a preacher that has to be his son. Looked just like him.
- The two alleged church arsonists in East Texas don't look like a couple of rocket scientists, do they?
- There's talk of a criminal investigation into Toyota? Sheesh. We've got too many cops, investigators, and prosecutors in this world if they are looking for things to do.
- The San Diego Chargers let LaDainian Tomlinson go yesterday after nine years. Yep, he's done. How long did the Cowboys keep Emmitt Smith before allowing him to leave? Thirteen years.
at 8:15 AM