- I would have bet a small fortune that A&M wouldn't beat Tech. Easily the most shocking result of the season so far. (A&M 52, Tech 30)
- I can't believe that score.
- The best headline about the game I saw read, "Stunned Guns."
- I'm beginning to think Baylor shouldn't be in the Big 12, and it hurts to say that. (OSU 34, Baylor 7)
- Any big high school should make an offer to Todd Dodge. He has to want to get out of that gig at North Texas. (Troy 50, UNT 26)
- I felt pretty sure that BYU would beat TCU. I now feel pretty sure that TCU is very good. (TCU 38, BYU 7)
- But mid-major Boise State, who doesn't have to play anyone after beating Oregon on opening weekend, could screw TCU over. The highest ranked of the two gets an automatic bid to a BCS bowl game, and the other can only get into it if invited. (Crazy BCS rules here.)
- Edit: As a commenter pointed out, when the BCS standing were released after I wrote this, TCU had leapfrogged (get it?) Boise State.
- Funny sign in the stands: "Boise Is Not A State. We Checked."
- Kind of funny Game Day sign at BYU about TCU's starting QB: "Dalton Dates Cougars."
- Nebraska turned the ball over eight times - four of them inside Iowa State's five yard line. You should never win when you do that. They didn't. (Iowa State 9, Nebraska 7)
- Texas replaced a couple of wide receivers and now looks like they are ready to roll. They'll be in the National Championship game. And the way Alabama and Florida look, they could win it. Kill me. (Texas 41, Missouri 7)
- I can't stand Tennessee's Lane Kiffin. But I like it when I have a villain.
- Dallas' 3:00 p.m. start would give us a chance to see if the sun comes in from the west through the glass. But it's cloudy.
- Jimmy Johnson was on the Fox pre-game show bragging about cutting Curvin Richards after fumbling in 1992. Sheesh. I feel compelled to mention that Jimmy's last game was a 62-7 loss in the playoffs when he was coaching Miami.
- Worst. Uniforms. Ever.
at 10:03 AM