- There was a truck that had jack-knifed onto a train track about five miles north of Decatur on 287. Every rescue vehicle in the Southwest proper was headed that way, but it looks like all trains had been stopped.
- I'm no so sure about that "feeling refreshed" after a vacation. "Feeling like I want to do it again" is more like it.
- I think I experienced "vacation guilt" as I looked around at the poverty in Mexico as I traveled to my resort from the airport.
- The Cancun airport is really nice.
- Turning off the cell phone for a week is weird.
- I visited the Xcaret Eco Park. Probably overrated based upon it's price -- with the exception of "Spider Monkey Island".
- I woke up one day a little after 6:00, stumbled to the beach, and saw the sun rise over the horizon.
- I'm now in my office wearing a suit.
- I always want to eat at some off the beaten path authentic Mexican restaurant not visited by tourists but I never do.
- OK, yell at me for this: I took a quick diving course and then scuba dove for about 45 minutes in 20 to 25 feet of water. I figured it was shallow enough to be safe. It's not as easy as it looks.
- I kept thinking about "Open Water."
- I watched very little TV over the week, but did manage to catch the release of the video of Michael Jackson's hair catching fire during the filming of the Pepsi commercial. That was crazy.
- And a quick Internet check in showed me it was crazy hot back in Texas last week.
- I'm still trying to get my Random Thought groove back.
at 5:38 AM