- Minimum wage goes to $7.25 today. This "redistribution of wealth" thing is getting out of hand!
- I wouldn't mind being Gerard Butler.
- Or Clive Owen.
- The story of the Mansfield ISD retired superintendent is incredibly sad. He retires, goes on a six week motorcycle cruise across the country with his wife (actually a three wheeled motorcycle) and ends up dead in a crash in South Dakota. And the renaming of the football stadium in his honor had already been scheduled for this Fall. Think that will be an emotional night?
- The President gives a press conference on health care reform and all we can talk about is his uttering of the word "stupidly" in connection with the arrest of the Harvard professor?
- And it was stupid to arrest the guy regardless of how "belligerent" he was.
- I learned yesterday that there is a spider monkey at the Gaylord Texan that you can get you picture taken with. I'm in.
- I never go to JP court but ended up there yesterday when a client had an issue with conditions of her bond (she didn't do something she was supposed to do.) Judge Mark Autry out of Boyd runs a professional place --- And I'm not sucking up since it will probably be another 10 years before I'm in that court again.
- You guys never said a word about the week long "best of" posts. I hate you.
- The Dallas city council corruption trial gives me Tired Head.
- Someone told me that an (alleged) drunk driver smashed into the McDonald's in Bridgeport this week.
- Crazy animated GIF.
- I still don't know where talk show host Wendy Williams came from.
- News that should be huge news: Guaranty Bank (formerly Federal Guaranty) is dead in the water. It will be the largest bank failure this year. (My flimsy connection: The first fantasy football league I ever participated in was with a group of guys from that bank. I'm guessing 1996.)
at 8:29 AM