- Odd eighth grade Bridgeport basketball memory: Our team went into a "four corners" routine at a tournament and the other team didn't come out to guard. I bet we ran off half a quarter in one possession by just standing in place and dribbling. But I have no idea if we won the game.
- I used Google Street View to look at the Katrina damaged Lower Ninth Ward in New Orleans the other day. It's pretty much a ghost town. I wonder if it's safe to drive through it?
- I haven't been inside a Dairy Queen in years.
- I never heard back from the lawyer that told me the use of "Dairy Queen" in my graphic might be a trademark infringement and that I needed to remove it. So long as I never hear from him again, I want you folks to go buy a bunch of Hungr Busters and stuff.
- I didn't watch Obama last night. Baylor was playing in the NIT on ESPN.
- The Messenger has a story today of a five and half year old Intoxication Manslaughter case that was finally indicted last week. I'm not sure what is going on there with the long delay, but our new DA seems to be going back and digging up some old cases.
- And the default statute of limitations for felonies is three years. There's a specific provision allowing for no limitation for "murder and manslaughter" but the question will be whether that "manslaughter" includes "intoxication manslaughter." They are not the same thing. There's a specific "manslaughter" crime (reckless killing) under one section of the Penal Code and "intoxication manslaughter" under another. That may have already been decided, but I don't know it off the top of my head.
- That gave me early morning Tired Head.
- I don't know what I think about the Messenger running out to an accident scene, videoing it, and then throwing the video up on youtube. They did it yesterday.
- A city wide nighttime curfew has always bugged me. The concept of a daytime curfew seems downright unAmerican.
- My dream last night consisted of two hot girls, an intentional car crash that resulted in a fiery death at the Bridgeport Dairy Queen parking lot, and a guy with a knife.
- The previous bullet point was in no way meant to disparage the parking lots of Dairy Queen.
- Kay Bailey Hutchison was on WBAP this morning and was specifically asked whether our military should be used to help secure the border with Mexico. She answered that we needed to "do more to increase border security." In typical WBAP fashion, they didn't force her to answer the question.
- We can now all get drunk at Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor.
- Watched a little of a DWI trial in Wise County yesterday. It involved an out of county teacher -- I felt sorry for her. And she looked pretty good on tape. The jury begins deliberations this morning.
- Official Liberally Lean figure skater: Tanith Belbin
- About once every 18 months I get a new credit card from Citibank with a new number because my old one "may have been compromised" due to a security breach.
at 8:02 AM