- I think this picture of the plane that crashed in Montana killing 17 yesterday is creepy.
- Just saw where Baylor's women's basketball coach Kim Mulkey had surgery for a kidney stone on Friday morning, flew with the team to Lubbock on Friday afternoon, and then ended up back in the hospital yesterday. She missed the team's game (an overtime win against #15 seeded UTSA.)
- My weekend: Mowed the lawn, edged, stained the front door, cleaned the house, washed my sheets, re-caulked the shower, cleaned the hardwood, changed the oil in the lawnmower, planted flowers, and took the hedger to one bush in my flower bed that was out of control.
- My Sunday afternoon was a little crazy.
- Bruce Willis married a Hey, Now over the weekend.
- There's supposed to be a re-designed Star Telegram hit the streets today. Let me guess: It's smaller.
- Winds up to 40 mph today? From what I can hear outside, I believe it.
- On Sunday morning I looked down in my garage only to see a cat (which scared me to death). I finally coaxed the thing over to me and saw that she had a tag on inscribed with an I.D. # and a website name like findmypet.com (or something like that). I go to the website and find that my only option is to call a phone number. I do. Some nice lady then gives me the phone number of the owner. I quickly call that number and discover the cat belonged to my next door neighbor and had been missing for about 10 minutes.
- I was probably closer to a catnabber than a cat finder.
- Weirdest DFW story over the weekend: "Man Killed Over Parking Space."
- Ashton Kutcher is on Twitter. Verified account. And he posts this? Oh, my.
- Craziest national story I read about this weekend but had not heard of: "Jury convicts Alabama dad of throwing 4 kids off bridge"
- I used the word "tump" as in "I saw a kid tump over out of a wheelbarrow" this weekend. A couple of folks said they hadn't heard that term in years.
- I really did see a little girl tump out of a wheelbarrow at Home Depot this weekend. She came inches from really gashing her head on a sharp corner. Made me tense.
- Edit: Sheesh, this thing disappeared for a bit. Not sure how that happened.
at 11:27 AM