- Finished the Sicko documentary by Michael Moore last night. I know to take his schtick with a grain of salt, but if the health care systems in Canada, France, and England are that different, we are shockingly behind.
- I wonder if many Americans, for the first time, are thinking about moving out of the country because they don't see a future they want to be a part of.
- Get ready for three New Deal thoughts (which is certainly a first for me.)
- I question the motives of those that think FDR's New Deal didn't have a favorable impact on the U.S. economy.
- I didn't know the New Deal was responsible for building the Will Rogers complex in Fort Worth
- I tried to find out how much the New Deal would cost in today's dollars. Good luck with that search. Nut cases on both sides prevented me from finding that needle in a haystack.
- The word "companion" in yesterday's Random Thoughts got a surprising number of thoughts. Good thing I didn't go with "escort."
- A bar code tattoo is borderline clever.
- There's a move to impeach Court of Criminal Appeals judge Sharon Keller for closing the court at 5:00 p.m. when she knew an emergency writ was coming that
goodcould have stopped an execution. I just want her impeached because she sides with the State 99.9% of the time.
- I'm not sure what is going on in the contract negotiations between Tech and Mike Leach, but it has become bizarre. And the school imposing a deadline of today for him to sign the extension is just silly.
- I ordered Nutrisystems for the heck of it. How they make that stuff so good is beyond me.
- When I see footage of any outdoor music festival where people are packed in as far as the eye can see, I can only think that would be the ultimate beating. (But Coachella in California looks like a good one.)
- I've been to the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas once but that was almost 15 years ago.
- I'm going to set my GPS to the Texas Theater where Oswald was captured, too.
- Lots of people have sent me a link to the Dallas Desire women's lingerie football team. Huh?
- Ugh. One of my headlights went out. I opened the hood to see how difficult it would be to replace, and I'm pretty sure I'd have to remove the engine block. James Wood, here I come. (It cost me about $70 two years ago for the other light.)
at 8:05 AM