- There was a "lock down" at Byron Nelson High yesterday because of a bomb threat? I'm no security expert, but a lock down doesn't sound like the best way to handle a bomb threat.
- Trump fired the Attorney General last night for not enforcing his Muslim Ban Executive Order that she found to be illegal. Putting aside whether or not she has that discretion (she 100% does - an AG is not the President's private lawyer), did Trump have to go off half-cocked and fire her? Isn't the new AG going to be confirmed today or tomorrow at the latest?
- Two horses have died during the saddle bronc events during the Fort Worth Stock Show this year. That's disturbing, isn't it?
- With college football signing day upon us, the Washington Post went back ten years and tells us what happened to the top 100 from 2007. Hint: There are as many in prison or dead as there are who made the Pro Bowl. And Texas fans looking at the list will see how the Mack Brown era had entered the beginning of the end.
- "And another":
- Iran has tested a ballistic missile in defiance of U.N. Resolution. Now all of us can be nervous as we await the White House's reaction.
- By the way, let's check in on Trump this morning:
- (Note to Melania: I don't think your anti-cyber bullying campaign is working too well.)
- Greg Abbott gives us the "State of the State" address this weekend. The latest Texas Monthly cover story says Dan Patrick, not Abbott, is now in charge. It will be interesting to see if Abbott goes Full Trump to try and regain that perception.
at 8:33 AM