- I would like to announce that I had the greatest spicy grilled chicken sandwich in the world yesterday. And I got it at a mall food court. At a place I had never heard of.
- Four people dead when a train hits a float at a Veteran's Parade in Midland is beyond horrible. The trailer that was hit was carrying 26 passengers — 12 veterans, 12 spouses and two civilian escorts.
- Read more: Four killed, 16 injured in parade accident (+ Photo Gallery) - Mywesttexas.com: Top Stories http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stories/article_28d27580-2fab-11e2-ac24-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz2COiHz2jv
- Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
- John McCain is firing off all sorts of hot opinions lately. And this is the guy who thought Sarah Palin would be a good VP.
- I was in the elevator with a really fat guy yesterday who had to tell the person on the end of the phone that he had to do something like a race horse. Good to know.
- My seminar crowd is not the normal motley crew of defense attorneys.
- Sat by a guy yesterday who spent 30 minutes working on a "Waiver of Arraignment" on his laptop. If you know what's involved in that, you'd laugh too.
- There are a million high school kids on the Riverwalk . What is going on?
- Had a loyal blog reader who emailed me and said that he runs a gas chromatography machine all time and he'd be happy to give me a demo. Absolutely.
- One of the speakers today might be the hottest lawyer I've ever seen in my life. She worked for Gerry Spence for a year?
- Conversation behind me: "We went down to the riverwalk and had some Mexican food." Other guy: "You were able to find Mexican food?" Reply: "Yeah, down by the river."
- I bet the leaves might be turning in the Hill Country. A lazy drive through there sounds more attractive than the tollway (although I won't do it.)
- Hostess announced it will go out of business this morning after a bakers' strike. I shed a tear for the Ding Dong.
- There were four people killed in Benghazi. I bet 98% of the population doesn't know that there were two separate incidents about a mile away from each other. Two were killed in one place and hours later two others were killed in another location.
- I don't want to hear the 911 call from the woman who drowned last night when her car went into a pond in Fort Worth and sank. She had her 22 month old daughter with her. Tell me the news stations up there didn't play it last night. Please.
at 8:36 AM