- Bridgeport made the playoffs with a 4-6 record which will always be a head-shaker to old-timers.
- Do generals just sit around and write emails all day?
- The reconstruction of the wreck on 287 was handled with arrogance by law enforcement yesterday. Traffic was routed to the service road and then to the Saginaw cutoff where no one was directing traffic. And the cops didn't seem in any hurry to "re-create" or measure or do whatever it was they wanted to do.
- Channing Tatum is People's Sexiest Man Alive.
- There's a "squatter" trial going on in Tarrant County where it is reported that the defendant faces "life in prison." While true, I don't think he'll get much, if any, time in prison.
- Perry and Cornyn wanting drug tests for those receiving welfare sends a not-so-subtle message of rich white guys looking for a way to kick the poor.
- I watched a 4th grade school choir last night. The number of cell phones that went up into the air in camera mode was amazing. I would think that camera sales have absolutely plummeted, right?
- Pat Robertson on General Petraeus: "The man's off in a foreign land and he's lonely and here's a good looking lady throwing herself at him. I mean, he's a man." If Robertson is married, his wife might want to do some snooping herself.
- The woman who is essentially the whistle blower in the Petraeus scandal called 911 about news crews on her property: “You know, I don’t know if by any chance, because I’m an honorary consul general, so I have inviolability, so they should not be able to cross my property. I don’t know if you want to get diplomatic protection involved as well.” A little bit of self importance?
- From the Update: "BENEFIT ACCOUNT – A benefit account for Laura Davis has been established at DATCU in Decatur. Davis is uninsured and in need of a liver transplant." There's an Obamacare message in there somewhere, isn't there?
- Overheard at the courthouse after the election: "Those people in other parts of the country just don't think like we do."
at 8:39 AM