- Golden Globe observations . . . Woman crush: Kate Winslet. Man crush:
- The Golden Globes are far more entertaining than the Oscars, and I'm not sure why that's not well known.
- I actually caught the end of the San Francisco/New Orleans game on Saturday. Thumbs up for excitement. And Vernon Davis' "catch and cry" seemed almost like a carbon copy of the catch in the playoffs by Terrell Owens in 1998.
- I watched 127 Hours (about the hiker who cut off his arm to survive) over the weekend. Good, but not great. I was struck, however, how the decision to cut his arm off was a no-brainer. Now the actual cutting, that's a different story.
- Also caught the final of the three part documentary about The Memphis Three. Love that stuff.
- Rihanna is in that photo? (Hey, now)
- It's hard not to smile when you see this dog jumping in a field.
- I was looking at little seen photos about the MLK assassination (credit bagofnothing.com), and I noticed that the first comment said the "tragic event happened only 5 years after Blacks in America gained the right to vote." Uh, not so much.
- 488 homes were sold in Wise County last year with an average price of $135,762
- If you want me to buy a Toyota, having Chris Berman and Kelly Clarkson in a commercial together is not the way to persuade me.
- I was talking to someone about the small number of African-Americans in Wise County. Percentage wise, it has to he one of the lowest in the state.
Then someone pointed out that a black guy who hails from Decatur was arrested in a car near Houston late last year with an alleged $37,500 worth of pot. Edit: Wrong, Decatur.
- A 15 year old fell 18 floors to his death at a downtown Dallas
HiltonHyatt hotel. They are still not sure why.
- I woke up the house this morning like I always do only to be informed there is no school today. Everyone was so sleepy they couldn't get mad. So I got out of there in a hurry.
- Edit: My wheels might be off this morning.
at 8:37 AM