- A couple of other forecasts call for temperatures right at 100 on Friday and Saturday. Wouldn't it be a beating to go all this way towards the streak and then end up with a 99 degree day? This would become the cruelest of summers.
- New Census data just released: Hispanics, who showed the greatest numerical increases in the 2010 census, made up 38 percent of the state’s population, yet made up 51.3 percent of the population under 20. What do you think that number will be in 10 years once that under 20 crowd reproduces?
- And Texas becomes a Blue State at which point? 20 years? 10 years? Sooner?
- Want to see what a guy looks like who arrived at the new In-n-Out Burger in Fort Worth at 9:00 p.m. last night and slept on the pavement so he could be the first in line?
- Those rumblings about the Aggies moving to the SEC are getting loud. And when Gov. Perry said yesterday that "conversations have been had" about the move, he's either got inside information or is frighteningly reckless. (The latter is not the best presidential trait a man can have.)
- Wrong way driver in Arlington on I-20 last night sends two people to the hospital. No deaths.
- TBS is cancelling Lopez Tonight. I say this will full knowledge of how horrible Letterman and Leno have become: George Lopez is the worst talk show host in the history of talk show hosts.
- There is a Justice of the Peace in Wise County who I believe would be in huge trouble if anyone would simply run against her.
- I was thinking that the Cowboys working out indoors would hurt them in a hot weather game. But considering that they now play home games indoors, they only have to worry about road games, outdoors, played during the day. There are two in the early season: At San Francisco in September and at New England in October. So much for the heat.
- Funny line I heard about GOP Presidential candidate Mitt Romney: That albatross around his neck of wanting to provide health care to poor people while governor is really going to weigh him down.
- Ticket Fans: I've listened to the It's Just Banter podcast by T.C. and Jake for about six months and it's fantastic. The latest episode had them going off on Jean Jacques Taylor (he did push-ups in studio and was fond of over-sized jorts with a woven belt.)
- No dog news. Skyler is still around, and he really wants to get at the Family Cat so I'm liking him even more.
- The bagofnothing guy is in New York City. I wish I was in New York City.
- Idiocracy in my own home: I looked in the freezer the other day and saw "Pancakes and Sausage on a Stick."
- The DOW just opened up by 120 points. Betting that it stays in positive territory is as risky as investing in the stock market.
at 8:35 AM