- The funky wedding procession video? I bring you the funky divorce entrance video.
- I've heard of construction accidents but I've never heard of a 23
footstory fatal fall. (Dallas, yesterday.) Horrible.
- Why weren't we put on alert?: The Dallas City Council just spent two days in Wise County!
- The "Beer Summit" yesterday may be the silliest photo op in the history of ever. Obama is smarter than that.
- Short new youtube video of man being tazered in court (with an old bailiff, a cool judge, and someone named 239 who won't answer the radio.)
- Someone told me yesterday that receiving a text message that begins with your name creates a sense of urgency.
- The "Cash For Clunkers" program has been suspended (or about to be) after four days because the money will run out. Maybe we do like socialism.
- I have two buddies that meet for breakfast once a week at a restaurant. Gay or not gay?
- The Star Telegram has a story today about how many veterans end up with drug and alcohol related charges due to mental health issues. And they use a 40 year old Decatur rancher as an example. (No name but there's a small picture.)
- When I represent Iraqi war vets, they almost always suffer from some type of mental issues caused by the war. I think it's a bigger problem than we realize.
- Regarding the old barbecue place that used to be next to Catfish O'Harlies but is now Bono's (or something like that): I ate there in the bar area for lunch about three weeks ago and the waitress was more scantily clad than a Hooter's waitress.
- I never eat out at lunch. Other than office celebratory lunches, that was probably my first time in three years.
- I'm going to a Legislative Update Seminar this afternoon in Fort Worth. I think, for the first time in a long time, there was very little change to Texas Criminal Law. (Normally, they do something stupid for the sake of Get Tough On Crime.)
- I didn't know that the only "bar" in Decatur was closing: Fat Daddy's. I think that's the second ownership to give it a shot.
- I had a dream last night that I was riding in a helicopter all over the place no bigger than a VW Beetle. And I was required to stand on the outside and hang on for dear life as we dodged around skyscrapers.
- Sometimes I'm scared to go to sleep because of those crazy dreams.
- I don't think I've ever seen a dog bury a bone.
- You can watch someone's golf swing (and not the ball's path) and quickly determine if they are a good golfer. Saw Justin Timberlake swing at the ball over the weekend. Good golfer.
- I'm happy I've never been considered for the nickname "Lumpy".
at 8:04 AM