- When the lead story on most newscasts is that Dallas is the #2 city for road rage, you know it's a slow news day.
- I saw Dave Campbell's Texas Football magazine in the grocery store yesterday. That always makes me excited although I never buy a copy.
- The buzz yesterday was "Joe Buck Live" which debuted on HBO on Sunday night with one of the guests being Artie Lange (who I had never heard of but has some connection with Howard Stern.) Lange dropped such shocking stuff that I can't even come close to repeating it here. On a replay last night, even HBO bleeped him out.
- And I presume that was all planned to generate publicity -- it worked.
- My home Internet is still up. It such a miracle that I expect to see the Virgin Mary burned into my screen any second.
- Megan Fox looks like a miserable woman. But a hot miserable woman.
- Overheard two guys, who really don't even like each other, start talking about ammunition the other day. They both tried to one up each other with their knowledge (i.e. caliber, jackets, hollow point, and a bunch of crap I didn't understand) like it was some crazy Man Contest. I sat back and pretended I was watching Mutual Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.
- Worst job in the world: Being a diver looking for the body of the baby who might be in Lake Lewisville.
- It's about time for the local newscasts to provide us with the critical warning of "Drink lots of water" if we plan to be outside for an extended period of time.
- I agree with the observation that Obama is taking on a whole lot of issues all at once, but someone observed that the best opportunity for a president to get the results he wants is in his first year in office.
- All of a sudden motorcycle deaths in DFW have stopped.
- I glanced up at the TV last night to see the Evil Empire trailing in the College World Series 6-0. I smugly went back to working on quantum physics or whatever I was doing. Checked the score this morning, UT won 10-6. Ugh.
- Hot UT fan from last night
- I've got to go to the dentist this afternoon but I've developed one of those cracks on the side of my lips which hurts when I open my mouth too wide.
- Limited interest: If you know who Todd Marinovich is and have time to read a long article about his crazy, wheels off life, check out Esquire's, Todd Marinovich: The Man Who Never Was. Great title.
at 8:11 AM