- It took me a long time to get there, but I'm a believer in Tech. They beat the heck out of Oklahoma State, and I'm not sure QB Graham Harrell ever gets touched.
- Bridgeport product Phillip Daugherty was signed by Tech as a quarterback but Harrell came in the next year. Daugherty then transferred to Sam Houston State.
- A Wise County deputy blog?
- Verdict on hi-def TV: It really is great. Football games are incredibly different and the more you watch it, the more you realize the difference. (Did you know Sarah Palin had puffy lips?)
- I tipped the installation guy.
- He remarked about some of my home decorating: "That's a little crazy but it sure does work."
- A post you might have missed: AnObiter almost burned her house down.
- First Baptist of Dallas gets all preachy by having a sermon denouncing gaydom.
- Some NFL player's ankle went the wrong direction yesterday. I refuse to watch.
- Did you know you can wash those cheap plastic solo cups? For years I had just assumed they would melt in the dishwasher.
- While you were sleeping: Circuit City files for bankruptcy. I'm telling you, there's a ton of bad times ahead. Edit: Just saw that DHL will cut 9,500 U.S. jobs.
- Which has a greater chance: Bridgeport winning the 3A title or Tech winning the National Championship?
- One of the news channels did a quick piece on how the presidential candidates constantly used had sanitizers. Makes sense. They had some footage of McCain and his wife walking away from a crowd as a handler inconspicuously squirted some of the stuff in their hands.
- The Professor from Gilligan's Island turns 84 today. Somewhere he's fiddling with a transistor radio.
at 7:10 AM