- I guess this will be the last year that high school playoff games will be played at Texas Stadium. I normally make it to one or two of those a year. (And I think my favorite moment was watching the Carter Cowboys enter the stadium for pre-game warm ups by walking down the sideline, single file, and all glaring at the other team over their right shoulders.)
- Man, never has so much been made of so little in connection with the Azle teacher and the 18 year old guy.
- I've never been a fan of the James Bond movies
- I made a Breakfast Club reference yesterday. That was a reference to a movie that is now 23 years old. I've turned into Chris Berman.
- Did you notice that the Dow surged over 800 points in the last three hours of yesterday's trading? I was watching ABC World News last night which explained the reason for it: They had no idea.
- Had a lady at the courthouse tell me yesterday tell me, "You shouldn't post those pictures of girls because it makes the thing load too slowly."
- After one week, I've already turned into a Hi-Def snob. I hardly watch any program unless it's broadcast in Hi-Def.
- That new TV show, My Own Worst Enemy, with Christian Slater has already been canceled. I never watched it, but you know Slater had to think he had a 24 on his hands.
- I always think of Christian Slater saying, "Greetings and salutations" from Heathers.
- The last year the Cowboys, Rangers, Stars, and Mavericks all failed to make the playoffs: Never. Until 2008-2009.
- Saw gas at $1.89 yesterday. Amazing.
- There are lots of people in this world that explain their problem to people that cannot help them. (For example, I always see some lady going up to the County Attorney's office looking for help with a child support problem. After a staff member directs her to the proper, but different, office that can help them, I'll see the lady go into a dissertation about her financial problems and what a sorry SOB her ex-husband is.)
- General Motors can't possibly go out of business, can it?
- I'd like to have something confusing written on my headstone.
- Anybody else got a feeling that the economy is about to implode? I mean really implode. I mean soup line implode.
- Any lady that herds a 100 cats and dogs (and, man, there seems like a lot of women out there like that) is a resident of Crazy Town. Edit: I saved you guys from a Comment by Jarhead where he reprinted the 1,000 line lyrics to "Crazy Town" - this version - which I kind of like.
- I don't think I've ever been in a Waffle House. (But I always think of a scene from the little appreciated movie Lady Killers when I hear the name.)
at 8:15 AM