- Double motorcycle death in Fort Worth where the two riders came to a rest in the drive through of Taco Bueno on Camp Bowie.
- "Gas saving" tips like "slowly depressing the accelerator" beat me down. It's kind of like "drink lots of fluids" to avoid dehydration in the summer.
- Haven't really had to water my lawn this year but that's about to change.
- This is the 40th anniversary of Robert Kennedy's assassination. As a kid, I just remember how odd the killer's name was to me: Sirhan Sirhan.
- I'm trying to schedule a vacation for August but scared to look at airline flight prices. I've got a ton of Advantage Miles but they never seem to work like I want.
- Saw that Michelle Obama is to be a guest host on "The View." Seems like a greater chance for disaster than for benefit.
- Odd moment: Yesterday evening in Decatur a bunch of young military guys were kind of hitting on the clerk at a convenience store (the one that houses the Quizno's and Burger King.) She tells them she doesn't date military guys. "Why?" they ask. "Because the last one hit me in the face." Awkward silence ensued.
- Thing you already know: It's amazingly windy outside.
- John McCain threw down a challenge yesterday for Obama to join him in ten "town hall debates." Careful there, hoss.
- On the cover of People this week is the headline, "From Meth Addict To Mom" in connection with a story about some girl that used to be on "Full House." I'm so confused. Aren't we supposed to lock people like her up in cages for drug use?
- Marky Mark turns 37 today. I thought about him when I looked in the mirror this morning.
- Worst business timing: Owning Hummer dealership right now.
- Asian worker meltdown is like me by 11:00 a.m.
- Danica Patrick puts me in a bad mood every time I see her. Personality challenged - Big time. And as long as she has her helmet on, I kind of want someone to deck her next time she goes into "confrontation mode."
- Very random thought. "Big Media" trying to act like "New Media" is a failed bit. Take for example the Dallas Morning News "blog" featuring entries by Steve Blow, Jacquielynn Floyd, and Ed Housewright et. al. Yesterday the spent some time discussing the merits of tomatoes. Not salmonella poisoning. Just whether tomatoes are good to eat. Riveting.
- I've still got HBO's "Recount" saved on my TIVO but haven't watched it yet.
- Still working on my Pat Tillman book "written" by his mother. Man, if you want to hear some George Bush hating bitterness, listen to her for a while. And, with all due respect, she's not that smart.
- Blurb in the Update about Rep. Phil King being concerned about the high energy rates. The quote from a Few Good Men comes to mind: "I strenuously object?" Is that how it works? Hmm? "Objection." "Overruled." "Oh, no, no, no. No, I STRENUOUSLY object." "Oh. Well, if you strenuously object then I should take some time to reconsider."
at 6:54 AM