- "I don't believe what I just saw!" - Jack Buck calling Kirk Gibson's home run in the 1988 World Series and me, holding a Teddy Bear, at around 11:00 p.m. last night.
- I've seen Bush v. Gore at the Supreme Court and the presidential upset of all time. We've all seen some crazy history.
- Trump beat Hillary like TCU beat Baylor. It's been a good week for me.
- The Eighth Grader in the House turned 14 today. We told her, "Baby, remember that when you turned 14 that we learned Donald Trump will be President of the United States." Nothing more. Nothing less.
- When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. And I have never in my whole life been so wrong about an election as this one.
- I thank the Baby Jesus that ALL CAPS guy didn't have $25,000 (or $10) to bet or I would be $25,000 poorer this morning. (Side note: My dad, who never chastises me and lets me be a nut as he stands by shaking his head every day as he reads Random Thoughts, told me last Friday that the bet I proposed was "dumb" and that "you better be careful." He was, as he has always been, correct.)
- Look at my "live blog" from last night (below). I sound like a moron. But at least give me this credit: I never take down any stupid thing I've said.
- I woke up Mrs. LL last night to tell her that Trump won. She asked, "He won Florida?" My response, "No, baby, he won everything." Her in a very groggy state: "Does this mean we are moving to Costa Rica?" For a second I thought about putting her on the back of a chopper.
- The great quote going around about Trump voters is this: "They didn't take him literally. They took him seriously." That is the most accurate thing ever written.
- And Mrs. LL can back me up on this as I told her last night before 7:00 p.m. that the Ticket's "Gordon Keith scared the hell out of me this morning. What if there are a ton of voters who just want to throw a human hand grenade into the whole system? We laughed at him when he declared. We laughed at him during the primaries. And we are laughing at him now. And he has proven us wrong every time."
- In all this chaos, the son of crazy Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who was handed a district judgeship in Houston by appointment, got beat by a Democrat. Blame your daddy. And he sounds like a good guy and a fair judge.
- Note to Messenger or the Wise County Election Office: Tell me the percentage of straight ticket Republican voters. I bet it is insane.
- Random Compliment: Shout out to a clerk in the Wise County Clerk's office who cares so much about her job that she gets rattled when things go wrong when it is not her fault.
- I got into a Twitter Fight with Fox 4's Steve Eagar! I'll post it later.
- Voters in California, Massachusetts and Nevada approved recreational marijuana last night. I told you to invest in legal edibles. That may be the only thing I've been right about lately.
at 8:36 AM