- My back still hurts. A lot.
- A four year old girl was reported missing then found dead by deputies in the back seat of her family's SUV last night. If I've got the address correct near Cleburne, there are some pretty nice homes in that area.
- It is kind of hard to explain how the funeral of the firefighter killed at the Ballpark turned out to be such a spectacle (probably wrong word) yesterday. He wasn't, after all,
notkilled in the line of duty. What if the man had been killed in a car accident or at a little league park? The funeral would have then been a small and solemn affair.
- Lake Bridgeport is now dropping about a foot every two weeks and it's about to get a lot worse.
- The Ticket's Gordon Keith went to Africa on vacation and has posted some pics, including a couple of him kneeling over dead animals that he presumably shot. For the life of me, I don't understand why you would want to kill an animal like that.
- The All Star game is in Arizona tonight. Wasn't there talk at one time about a boycott due to the state's immigration laws?
- The father of the Fort Worth kid bitten by a shark off the Texas coast last week was on WBAP this morning. Hal Jay asked the dad if the kid was wearing any type of "leather" at the time of the attack. (Referring to a skin-diving suit.)
- A Britney "Hey, now."
- Finally, DPS allows you to check the status of your driver's license online (i.e. is it suspended). For years, you would have to call a non-toll free number and wait for at least 30 minutes. There's a fee but it's hard to tell when it applies.
- Country boy shoots himself in the leg preparing to do battle with a paper target. (Language warning.)
- The Family Cat now wants to be petted for thirty seconds at the beginning of the day. It's like a Helen Keller break through.
- Streaker gets the horns by a bull/cow in Pamplona. I cheer for the animals every year.
- Mrs. LL tried to make her own sushi or some kind of roll last night. I don't think that went very well.
at 8:23 AM