- I've never seen a Harry Potter movie or read a Harry Potter book. Absolutely no interest.
- The Update says a winery will sell "wine bottles and glasses" at the Alvord Watermelonfest even though the mayor objected. Is there wine in them there wine bottles?
- There's a new reality TV show called Texas Women on CMT that is filmed in and around Fort Worth. (They were at the Reata restaurant and at a place near Granbury last night.) It's a knock off The Real World or Real Housewives. I saw five minutes of it and was interested simply because of the landmarks -- and chicks yelling at each other.
- Regarding the rent vouchers in Dallas, some guy on WBAP asked this morning if it were "American" to go running after free rent, and wondered whether the crowd would have ran after "those vouchers if they were job vouchers and not rent vouchers." Wow. Everyone sure is an expert on what it's like to grow up as a minority, poor, and in South Dallas.
- My back is still sore but I was able to jog --- which means it can't be that sore.
- Fox 4 gals at a birthday party. (Facebook link).
- Speaking of Facebook, Google has launched a competitor called Google+ which is (1) going viral, and (2) is fantastic. They've aksi got a pretty good marketing campaign because you have to be invited by email from a member. "They tell two friends and they tell two friends and so on and so on and so on."
- And a music service that everyone was talking about yesterday (but of which I have no understanding) is "Spotify".
- Nancy Pelosi compared President Obama to Job which got the conservatives all riled up. But I got sidetracked thinking about how Job may be one of the most disturbing stories in the Bible. God gave Satan permission to test Job's righteousness which ultimately leads to Satan killing Job's 7 sons and 3 daughters. God ultimately rewards Job with a new 7 sons and 3 daughters. A replacement family made him whole?
- I remember a 20 year mother in Denton mysteriously disappearing in the middle of the day 14 years ago. The Star-Telegram has a follow-up story today.
- For Tech fans who are stilled riled up over the firing of Mike Leach and the role that Craig James played, you will be extremely interested in this.
- The Family Puppy has had a cold for a few days. To the Vet today. We boarded her at Man's Best Friend on vacation which might have been the source of the problem.
- A 26 year prosecutor in San Antonio gets a Boating While Intoxicated and resigns two days later. Seems harsh if he was forced to quit his job. (And he was approached by the cops on the lake when they had no probable cause or reasonable suspicion to do so. Amazingly, that's legal in Texas.)
- I think the Republicans are going to get out-politiced by Obama on this debt ceiling thing.
at 8:39 AM