- George W. did the craziest wind up before throwing out the first pitch yesterday.
- I listened to him join the radio broadcast in the bottom of the second inning. He seemed content and happy. But there was an awkward moment when he said, "I'd invite some of my old friends to the Oval Office and they'd say, 'I can't believe I'm in here.' Then they'd look at me." (Followed by the trademarked George Bush giggle which was followed by dead air.)
- One of my first thoughts when I heard about the earthquake in Italy was the art and architecture.
- The reports were that traffic leaving the Ballpark yesterday was insane. I can't imagine what it's going to be like for Cowboy games.
- The Rangers starting shortstop is 20 year old Elvis Andrus. Raise your hand if you would like to be 20 years old and starting for the Rangers. Mine's up.
- After Elvis got his first hit yesterday, the PA system played, "All Shook Up."
- I found a shingle in my yard, and I'm still trying to figure out if it came off of my house. I hate the wind.
- Obama yesterday in Turkey: "Let me say this as clearly as I can. The United States is not and never will be at war with Islam." Who could possibly disagree with that?
- I don't know why I laugh when I see people write, "Woot!"
- Traffic reports refer to 287 and I-35 as "the Decatur cut off." I'm not sure I've ever heard any locals refer to it that way.
- Worst March Madness ever?
- Accident victim Jackie Murphree of Decatur has arrived in China for some type of stem cell related treatment (that I really don't understand.) Seems like the trip would have been a fascinating human interest story for the local news stations. (Updates about the trip can be found by clicking the link but you have to scroll down a bit.)
- You can always spot someone studying their grocery receipt as they walk out of the store, and you know they're thinking, "How in the heck did it cost that much?"
- "FORT WORTH — Texas Christian University will designate some on-campus apartments for gay students and their supporters, creating what may be the only such college housing in the region." Isn't that a step backwards? Kind of like a Leper's Colony?
- I thought this was just an "old time religion" video until the midget appears at the 2:25 mark. (Perhaps the mother of the crazy Mexican midget that I love so much?)
at 8:11 AM