- Largest correction ad I've ever seen in today's edition of the Messenger after a $7,000 error in price for a pickup for sale at Karl Klement. Look for it.
- I think the are more cops around today than ever before. All over the highways. All over the towns. All over the water.
- Watched a little of the Tampa Bay/Rangers game last night. Man, there is nobody at that ballpark.
- Saw the mother of the nine year old girl who was dragged to death by a horse on Fox 4 last night. She was very calm. Never have understood people that can do that - I don't think less of them - just don't understand them.
- Fox 4's Clarice Tinsley referred to the Wii Fit (pronounced "wee") as the Why Fit last night. I'm absolutely certain she had no idea that she made a mistake.
- If Back To The Future were released for this summer, Michael J. Fox would travel back to 1978,
- Didn't get to excited about the death of Sydney Pollack. I remember him from Eyes Wide Shut but not much else.
- There will be protesters at the Exxon Shareholder's Meeting in Dallas today. That, I'm sure, will bring the prices down.
- There's some Dallas lawyer on The Bachelorette right now. He either resigned or got laid off from his Dallas silk suit job before taking the challenge. But I don't watch the show because it isn't as sophisticated as The Flava Of Love.
- There's a capital murder trial going on in Dallas where a guy killed a cop after a police chase. Looks like the cop was banging on the guys window when a bullet comes from the car killing him. Some news reports have said, "Defense attorneys were able to get his partner to admit that the officer should not have rushed the car." Good luck with all that.
- The Rangers Josh Hamilton is on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week. And he hit a grand slam last night. Of course, he should be in jail for violating "our" drug laws in the past. Right? Edit: The story is here and it is supposed to be fascinating.
- I can't find anyone who likes those crazy Sonic guys-in-the-car ads as much as I do.
- I'd vote for any Presidential candidate who would promise to cut the federal budget by 33% simply by eliminating government waste. That certainly could be done with needless employee reductions.
- I've never read the Federalist Paper but #45 was trashed a long time ago: "The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite." But no one cares.
- While I listen to less and less radio, I still jump over to WBAP in the morning to catch the news every now and then. But their comedy bits are awful. This morning: "Gas prices are higher than Cheech at a Willie Nelson concert." Triple grown.
- Some lady is rowing across the Pacific in a tricked up row boat. She keeps a blog (somehow) and has a tracking map of her journey here.
at 9:03 PM