- That green tile which is in the background whenever someone addresses the General Assembly of the United Nations looks like it hasn't been changed since the 1970s.
- That death of the baby by the dog in Burleson is so horrific that I wouldn't even watch the new story of it last night.
- Some 137 meter "tower" in Bridgeport needs to be repainted and the FCC has slapped the owner with a $10,000 fine so it will get done.
- Radio Shack has fired its CEO. It seems like that happens every couple of years. Them along with JC Penney and Hewlitt Packard.
- First it was the lawyer's profane email stream that I linked to earlier this week and now an aide to Hillary Clinton goes off on a reporter via email as well. People behaving badly.
- I've been seeing Wise County Sheriff's deputies monitor traffic on 287. Two deputy cars were within a half mile of each other two days ago hiding in sneaky places. That's pretty rare.
- Facebook fact: Everyone thinks their children are more "amazing" than anyone else's children.
- I'm kind of surprised that Weatherford College's Wise County campus has an actual Bridgeport address. Then again, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Wise County Zip Code map.
- You guys said it couldn't happen, but if the Rangers lose the next two to Oakland then things get dicey. (You do not want to be a wildcard team with that goofy one game playoff.)
- I always try to have a positive attitude, but I also believe in being honest with myself.
- I would hate to submit Lil Wayne to a deposition but some lawyer had to when the rapper sued Quincy Jones.
- That was a crazy wreck referenced in today's Update. I wonder how many times brakes actually "fail" these days?
- Andy Williams has died this morning. I can't say that I'm a big fan, but Moon River ain't bad. And he pretty much discovered The Osmonds -- which probably were bad but weren't back in the day.
at 8:37 AM