- Former Facts of Life star Blair (and metroplex resident) is taking part in Survivor. But it was disheartening to hear that she and her husband have divorced after 24 years.
- The Texas Supreme Court has agreed to hear a case concerning what you can recover if someone negligently kills your pet: The fair market value (which has always been the law) or the fair market value + the value of the loss of companionship (which the Fort Worth court of appeals ruled a few months back).
- Football point: I continue to believe there is no "neutral zone". You either line up offsides or you do not.
- Man, it was a bad week for Romney when he had to release his income tax return to try and deflect from his 47% distraction.
- I never saw this story of a Texas lawyer who got fired because of a series of profane emails. It made the "Best Of' edition of the Dallas Observer.
- Whatever happened to Greg Kinnear?
- There's a show on PBS called The Daytripper which features a guy going to different Texas towns. This week he returned to Bastrop after the devasting fire last year. Man, it made me sick.
- More Americans now die of suicide than car crashes. And they believe suicides are probably under-reported.
- I mentioned a Tulane football player, Devon Walker, a couple of weeks ago who was the subject of an erroneous report that he received a tracheotomy on the field. I heard over the weekend that he is still not breathing on his own. There is a deep concern growing inside me about sacrificing young people for football.
- Greatest headline ever.
- Fox 4's Lauren Pryzbel is engaged.
- The most gay Aggie football picture in the history of ever that doesn't involve Yell Leaders. Oh, my. (Thanks, emailer.)
- Not many details about a crime that left a lady in a ditch on the Wise-Tarrant-Denton county border
- Ann Coulter, who was on This Week, looks like she does meth. And I'm serious.
at 8:31 AM