- Hey, how about that fog out there?
- The murder/suicide in Sashse on Friday was chilling. A woman lost custody of her child in court that morning and then went home and killed the seven year old child and herself --- all while the cops and the dad waited outside.
- One part of that story that needs to be explored is that a jury terminated her parental rights that morning. That's far more than just losing primary custody.
- Tired Head prose alert: New York Daily News blurb about St. Louis manager Tony La Russa asking Mavs coach Rick Carlisle for advice on how to beat Rangers: "I asked him about what we do to get an edge in this series and he said, 'Hand the ball to Dirk,' " La Russa said. "I said, 'I can't do that.' He said, 'This is Dallas; I can't be telling the Cardinals how to beat the Rangers.'"
- Third Grader In The House question: "If the umpire made a mistake and called the player safe, would he still be safe if he went to the umpire and said, 'No, you're wrong. I was out.'" You know, I'm not sure.
- Mrs. LL and I walked to a restaurant on Friday evening. That was cool.
- There was an acoustic singer at that place a couple of weeks ago who was really good. Nice songs. Nice lyrics. Small crowd. Then, out of nowhere, he sang the lyrics "I want to eat the flesh off your face down to the bone". It was just like The Dan Band had possessed him. (We both looked straight ahead and then slowly turned to each other after about 10 seconds with that "Did I just hear that?" look.)
- Cowboy fans might want to tap the brakes before they put DeMarco Murray in the Ring Of Honor. (He broke a Cowboy record with 253 yards yesterday.)
- Gadhafi's body is now on display in a walk-in freezer at a mall. Feel free to take cell phone pics. (Video.) Sheesh.
- Paranormal Activity 3 crushed the box office this weekend with $54 million. I'm telling you, that "Bloody Mary" commercial was genius.
- Biggest flop ever?: The Big Year (starring Steve Martin, Jack Black and Owen Wilson). After earning a shockingly low $3 million on its opening last week, I couldn't even find it on the chart this weekend.
- It's probably unrelated but in the upcoming Steve Jobs biography he said, without elaboration, that singer John Mayer was "out of control" and in danger of "blowing it big time." I suppose Jobs was referring to Mayer's lifestyle instead of his medical care, but Mayer had surgery on his throat over the weekend to remove a growth from his vocal cord.
- Delicious: Tonight pitcher C.J. Wilson has a chance to stop talking about what a killer life he has and just pitch. He also has the chance to become a punch line if he gets lit up. Place your bets.
- A school administrator called the cops on Michael Irvin and had him thrown out of son's football game over the weekend. (Irvin's quotes are almost indecipherable.)
- Shout out to Tech for its upset of OU over the weekend. (I stayed up to watch it.)
at 8:32 AM