- Had reports of an Internet outage in Decatur yesterday. Our office was fine. The courthouse was Facebook free, however.
- Microsoft has ended up apologizing for sending a Tweet after Amy Winehouse's death about how her music could be purchased online for the Zune and other Microsoft products. On the other hand, Apple caught no heat for plastering Winehouse's image across its iTunes store with the caption "Remembering Amy Winehouse."
- Haven't mentioned the Family Pup (a Yorkie) in a while. I'll admit it: I love that dog.
- I'm now supporting the run at the all time 100 degree temperature streak. If we are going to have to suffer (relatively speaking) through this, let's at least get a trophy.
- But you guys hanging out at the Reunion are crazy.
- I'm confused by all of these "handling the hot weather tips" that the TV stations offer. If I'm outdoors, should I be drinking a lot of water? If I feel lightheaded, should I continue with what I'm doing?
- There's a radio commercial that begins: "You know the old saying: 'People always complain about the weather, but no one ever does anything about it.'" Huh? Who has ever said that?
- All Texas high school championship games will be played at Cowboys Stadium this year. Did you know, since the UIL got all touchy feely with the creation of the "big" division and "small" divisions, that there are now ten of them?
- Star-Telegram "Twin Peaks Bikini Contest" pictures. Attaboy.
- Criminal justice silliness: Lead line is "A jury on Wednesday found a Lufkin man guilty of resisting arrest in his home after police mistook him for a burglar. A judge then sentenced the man to serve 30 days in jail and pay a $500 fine." If that's not bad enough, check out this note the jury sent out: “We’ve all reached a verdict. To us we feel he has been wronged. Please consider that in his sentencing.” Good grief. (Thanks, Bud.)
- I didn't get a picture of it, but the Dallas Cowboys new defensive coordinator Rob Ryan arrived at Valley Ranch yesterday driving the equivalent of a "Good Times Van." Mrs. LL thought he looked like The Dude from The Big Lebowski.
- A player I wish the Cowboys would cut: Martellus Bennett. (When we saw him during his rookie training camp on "Hard Knocks", we should of known he was a Roy Williams starter kit. All attitude. Talented. And a complete waste.)
- I was jogging the other morning before the sun came up and I could have sworn I saw a red dot briefly appear on my shirt. I had a sudden panic that I was in the sights of a rifle scope. I don't think I'm losing it.
- Is this our "Wise County Raiders select baseball team"?
- Jody Dean, who stabbed The Ticket's George Dunham in the back (not really) and became the Voice of Cowboys Stadium is out and The Fan's Roger Emrich is in.
- The Republicans better be careful with the "debt ceiling" play. If they had the White House and the Senate, it would be a fine move. But this thing has the potential to backfire. And they know this.
at 8:36 AM