- Guitar Hero will no longer be manufactured? How did that thing run out of steam so fast? Maybe if the game involved killing a few people in a violent manner then it would have survived.
- For such a big buildup, the Blizzard of 2011 II turned out to not be much of anything.
- But I did get out and walk around the block yesterday morning, and that's as cold as I've been in a long time.
- Fort Worth ISD is seeking a waiver from the state to avoid having to make up the lost school days over and above the two make-up days already built in. Do Wise County schools seek waivers?
- If I develop a country, I think I'll make one that takes Wednesday off.
- The judge telling Lindsay Lohan that he'll revoke her bond if she violates the law -- and he's really serious -- is almost comical. If I ever practice criminal law in another state, it'll California.
- When I asked last night which dog we were rooting for when the family of girls was watching The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, I was met by the sound of crickets chirping. Tough crowd.
- The more I read, the more it seems that local school districts are about to get killed due to state budget reductions. And I mean devastated. The Arlington ISD Superintendent (I just stumbled upon this last night), sounds like Armageddon is coming.
- Random sports observation: (1) A team won on a last second four point play last night, (2) I'd like to see a Duke/North Carolina game because there is no similar environment in Texas, (3) Spud Webb dunks 25 years later but obviously uses a step ladder out of camera range, and (4) the Baylor's women team may not lose a game over the next two and a half years.
- The weather guy on WBAP a second ago: "We did hit a record low of 15 but we're already up by 10%. It's now 17 degrees." I'm at a loss. 10%? (And could you ever have a percentage change in temperature since theoretically there is no minimum or maximum temperature?)
- Between the Glee and Modern Family episodes this week, there sure has been a lot of gayness on TV.
- Rumors yesterday that Twitter might be the target of a takeover by either Facebook or Google. The price, it is speculated, would be between $8 to $10 billion.
- Motorcycle death yesterday in Fort Worth. Why in the world would someone be on a motorcycle yesterday?
- A New York Congressman has resigned after posting a photo of himself on Craig's List while trying to pick up a woman. Other than being married, a father, and a Republican, there was nothing wrong with that.
at 8:26 AM