- Whether it be a web site or a TV news station, I don't need a "Countdown to Kickoff Clock" for the Super Bowl. We all know we've got to be beaten down with this for two more weeks.
- You realize that currency is only worth something because we believe and all agree that it's worth something. That came to mind when I read a story about how Facebook has created it's own gaming currency that will now be mandatory for any social game on its platform that uses any type of virtual currency. (Confusing, I know.) Heck, the future seems so crazy I can see it being an alternative to the dollar some day.
- Stitches removed from Mrs. LL's wrist. All systems go on.
- If you have any of those insane "surcharge" issues assessed by DPS, you need to check out this. There are a lot of restrictions, but you might be able to make them all go away for $250.
- The State of the Union speech is tonight. I don't care who delivers it, it's a silly piece of propaganda that America could do without.
- My neighbor actually came over and asked to borrow a couple of eggs yesterday. It was like Leave it to Beaver. We charged her for them. (Kidding.)
- Gov. Perry designated the Voter ID Bill as "emergency" legislation this week in order to get it on the fast track. Emergency? Really?
- Right by the building in Fort Worth that I always go to for driver's license hearings (part of the DWI representation), there's a Planned Parenthood office. I always look away from any girl or couple walking in there because you know they are under a lot of stress.
- Academy Award nominations were released before 8:00 this morning. The list here. The King's Speech, which sounds incredibly boring, had the most nominations but it's supposed to be really, really good.
- My movie watching has fallen off a cliff: I've not seen one of the ten Best Picture nominees.
- Did you see the widely distributed "artist rendering" drawing of the Tucson shooter that was released after his court appearance yesterday? How did he go from bald in the crazy book-in photo to having a full head of hair in the drawing?
- The 2nd Grader in the House told me last night that in the new version of the Three Little Pigs one of the pigs dies. Come again?
- "Former Pelican Bay police chief sues Tarrant County assistant DA" after he was acquitted on sexually related charges. I don't know about that case but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea if prosecutors could be held civilly liable if they truly acted recklessly about indicting someone.
- Story behind the following headline.
at 8:29 AM