- I don't know why I've been following this news but: Dallas filmed Lone Star was finally/actually cancelled after two episodes.
- Sent to me yesterday: "The wrong way to test an air bag."
- Give kids a bunch of oversized chalk and my driveway looks like a drunk Picasso got turned loose on it.
- You're about to see two college football bullet points.
- Saturday's football schedule: Baylor at 11:00, OU/Tex at 2:30, Oregon/Stanford and Alabama/Florida at 700. Will I sit there and watch it all day? Not a chance. But a man can dream.
- Little UAB went to U. of Tennessee on Saturday and took them into overtime. Which is (kind of ) amazing because UAB's kicker missed five (!!!) field goal attempts during regulation. So in the first overtime, Tennessee kicks a field goal and then, after UAB fails to score a touchdown, finds itself facing a fourth down. Do you send that college kid out to try a sixth kick in front of 100,000 hostile people? Yep, you do. He made it. (They still eventually lost the game, but my heart was so rooting for that kid.)
- A phrase you don't hear much anymore: "He thinks he's God's gift to women."
- A deaf guy was exonerated yesterday in Dallas and D.A. Craig
WatsonWatkins was there to meet him and say a few words as he walked out of the jail. I'm shocked, absolutely shocked, that WatsonWatkins couldn't have a private moment with the guy in any place other than on the public sidewalk in front of cameras. Edit: Sheesh on the name.
- Worst tattoo customer ever.
- Hey, now.
- Summer vacation plans anyone? I want to go somewhere not hot which has a combination of notable urban and/or historical things to see but within a quick jaunt to hiking and nature areas. Seattle? San Francisco?
- Britney was on Glee last night and I didn't watch it. I promise.
- Had a local lawyer tell me that he was at a horse race track last weekend and saw a jockey get killed right in front of his eyes. His kid just happen to be in the bathroom when it happened.
- The Dez Bryant "$54.896 restaurant tab" story seems a little suspicious. (ESPN reported it yesterday on a blog post and then it took off.) I want to see the bill.
- And as I told the Mrs this morning, "That's one of the reason I don't like the NFL. We want to cheer for those guys?"
- This has been in the Update for the second day: "ALUMNI MEETING – Eastside Alumni will hold its monthly meeting at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 2, at the home of . . . . " Uh, who are the "Eastside Alumni"? Edit: A commenter says it is for those that attended a segregated school on the east side of Decatur before desegregation. Really? Where was it?
at 8:32 AM