- I have no idea how you stop the propensity of bomb threats these days.
- I suspect most of you have never heard of talk show host Dennis Prager, but I discovered him on 660-AM after Mark Davis moved there. I've never heard anyone who considers himself an expert on so many subjects when he is the poster boy for the opposite. He has a relationship hour every week (despite being on wife #3), and a happiness hour (although he never laughs and can't believe anyone could enjoy the Jon Stewart Show).
- I don't think I've ever heard of more complaints about Bridgeport police being aggressive than I have in the last two years. And by "aggressive" I mean profiling people and stopping them on minor traffic violations in order to search their car.
- I agree, the Obama Administration is trying to play on the fears of the American public on this sequestration thing about as much as the Bush Administration did on the "War on Terror". Both are the Politics Of Fear.
- From today's Update: "UNITED WAY CELEBRATES RECORD YEAR — For the first time in its history, the United Way of Wise County distributed more than half-a-million dollars to its member agencies. But donations will need to grow this year in order to keep up with the growing needs of the agencies, said UWWC Executive Director Martin Woodruff. The United Way’s budget will fall in 2013 by more than $108,000." What the heck does that mean? They need more money but have shrunk their budget?
- I read a book in college called The Day Christ Died which has always stuck with me. It was written from an historical perspective instead of spiritual. That is, it focused on things like how fast Christ's trial was, how it occurred before dawn, and that crosses back in the day were actually "T" shaped (and about six feet tall) instead of "t" shaped.
- And still a monstrous snake on the courthouse square from about five years ago is an amazing sight.
- Miss Teen Delaware had a very embarrassing day yesterday. That is, if you think "sex tape" and "resigns" is part of an embarrassing day.
- We are headed to Destin, Florida on Spring Break, and I'm already thinking outside the box. I've never been to that part of the country. Road trip suggestions? Anything in Mississippi that is a must see?
- I'm a huge fan of Google Docs. I can't tell you how much stuff I keep "in the clouds."
- Chuck Hagel is our new defense secretary. If I understand the Far Right correctly, Israel may be attacked by Iran today.
- The craziest thing to get your head around is Dennis Rodman visiting North Korea and Kim Jong Un.
- Sports: ESPN projects that no team from Texas will be in the March Madness tournament. Of all the schools, Baylor should be embarrassed.
- Baylor's football coach is finally on Twitter. His second tweet ever yesterday: "The Bears finished up winter conditioning with a big dance off this morning to the stanky leg!!" My head just exploded.
at 8:40 AM