- The in-laws gave me a goat for Christmas. Well, actually a goat which will be delivered to a family in Africa. If that organization is a legit, that's actually a fantastic gift.
- The Republican Party was almost bi-polar yesterday on whether the vote on the fiscal cliff was a good or a bad thing.
- Another Fort Worth Police Officer was arrested for DWI (but it's a little confusing that he was stopped in Westlake on 114 by a Keller officer.)
- Fox 4 had a story last night that Medstar was experimenting with a program where a person would be treated by health care professionals but there wouldn't necessarily be an ambulance ride. The shocking thing was they featured a woman who had taken 44 ambulance rides last year alone.
- Fox 4 also did a story on the Decatur house fire from yesterday.
- I had a dream last night that I was hanging out of the back of Mrs. LL's car and she wouldn't start. I started yelling at her in the dream. The yelling turned real and she had to wake me up with an, "It's ok. It's ok."
- A lady died on an airliner bound for Dallas from Brazil yesterday. How bizarre and shocking would that be. They unloaded the body in Houston.
- Mrs. LL left with two kids yesterday afternoon and came back that evening with two more for the night. I was suddenly sleepy when I saw that.
- A former pastor at the high profile Broadway Baptist Church is taking 30 days off to get treatment for anxiety and depression. He admits to trying to control the issues with alcohol and prescription medication.
- Sports: (1) Florida had no desire to play in the Sugar Bowl last night against Louisville, (2) but they were playing like thugs with cheap shots left and right, (3) coach Will Muschamp didn't seem to care, and (4) it was the lowest attended Sugar Bowl since 1939. Oh, and Britney Griner and the Baylor women were in Fort Worth last night and beat TCU, 74-35.
- Chris Christie just beat Speaker Boehner to a pulp yesterday in order to get a vote on the relief bill for Sandy victims.
at 8:41 AM