- The Polyphonic Spree shows up on local television every now and then. They are a huge "meh" to me.
- This Fiscal Cliff is pure silliness and politics. And John Boehner is no match for the President in this deal. (For you actually following the situation, Boehner couldn't even get "Plan B" passed in the House last night).
- Watch Ocean's 11 last night. I've seen it a couple of times, and I still think I need someone to explain it to me.
- When I tried to bring the family up to date that Carl Reiner's character was playing an American who was acting as a German the Freshman-In-The-House said, "Does he get found out when he holds up three fingers the wrong way?" My mouth dropped. If you get the reference, your's might too. (She claims she hadn't seen the Tarantino movie but that only "a friend told me about it.")
- Lake Worth ISD has cancelled classes today because students needed time to "cope" with the events at Newtown. Is that the biggest give up ever?
- Christmas falling on a Tuesday may be the perfect day for the longest of long weekends.
- Whenever I walk out of the office on long weekends I always stop and think, "Remember this feeling."
- I think "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" is my favorite holiday song. And the James Taylor version may be at the top of the list (although I learned a second ago it was originally recorded by Judy Garland.)
- A Judy Garland concert was the first ever event at the Astrodome. (A little random trivia for you.)
- Mrs. LL and I woke up at 4:00 in the morning with a bizarre and rare case of duel insomnia. We watched the last half of an obscure movie from 2003 called The Shape of Things with Paul Rudd. I never went back to sleep.
- Mrs. LL also walked around the house all evening singing R.E.M.'s "It's The End Of the World As We Know It."
- I flipped over last night to Fox Sports Southwest to see the last minute victory of Stamford over Mart in a Class A Texas high school championship game at Jerry World. I'll take that over the NFL any day.
- I came home yesterday to watch all the Females-In-The-House watching a Glee concert on cable. The main theme of the show was acceptance and love. Kind of hard to argue with that.
- If you are a fan of Talladega Nights and heard any of the Josh Hamilton and Wife press conference last weekend, you'll giggle at this. Very funny.
at 8:33 AM