- I guess the announcement that Arnold Schwarzenegger's fathered a child with a member of his household staff had a little something to do with the demise of his 25 year old marriage.
- Jerry Lewis will end his run of the Muscular Dystrophy telethon this fall after 45 years. I applaud him for his efforts over the years but exactly how much money was raised without finding a cure?
- With the debate that broke out yesterday regarding fault of the death of the Alvord girls between Decatur and Denton last year, I missed that Channel 8 News did a short story on the dangers of 380 after the death of a Texas Tech student at around the same time.
- Fiona's out and about again. (Facebook link.)
- I think this is a newly created 10 minute video starring local Decatur folks on the "Every 15 Minutes" anti-DWI campaign. Over produced?
- At 7:14 this morning, based upon my quick fingers, I discovered the following stations were running commercials simultaneously: The Ticket, WBAP, KLIF, KRLD, The Fan and ESPN Radio. That model cannot last.
- Royal Wedding photo funny.
- Donald Trump announces he won't run for President. Told you it was all a bit. I can't stand that guy.
- Mike Huckabee announces he won't run for President: I take it back, he's smarter than I thought he was.
- Does anybody want to run against President Obama?
- Nothing like heating something up for breakfast in the microwave and then dropping it at your feet. Hello, Tuesday morning.
- Does the teacher from Kennedale in the latest sex scandal look like former Journey lead man Steve Perry in her book in photo? (Ticket reference this morning)
- WBAP's Hal Jay this morning right before a report on the Mavericks at 8:12 a.m.: "Have they been this far before?" For the life of me, I have no idea how he has a job.
- Three sports items: (1) Rain Delay Baseball Bat Jousting - pretty funny, (2) A relief pitcher last night went 2 and 1/3 innings and gives up 14 earned runs to set a record, and (3) a punch in a rugby game which has the greatest slow motion since Rocky.
- The IMF sexual assault case is bizarre: He is in town for "personal business", rents the penthouse at Sofitel Hotel for over $3,000 per night, allegedly assaults a maid (a maid!), and now sits in jail on Rikers Island. Now that's what I call a weekend. (And are those holes in his shoes in the photo below?)
at 8:35 AM