- Odd: The ex-boyfriend who allegedly killed the Frisco fitness instructor jumped into the Grand Canyon before he was arrested. He only fell 25 feet because he hit a ledge -- causing one bystander on the news I saw to refer to him as "lucky." I'm not so sure about that.
- But it's really odd how no one that knows that guy has a bad thing to say about him.
- Odd #2: A Belo exec was gunned down in Arlington while picking up his kid by a UTA student who had received counseling from the exec's wife. The shooter then killed himself. Man, there has to be a heck of a back story on that one.
- The Johnson County deputy killed over the weekend was hit by gunfire three times. (That's the second Texas deputy killed this month.)
- I'm about to issue a No Piddling policy in the household. Let's get a move on!
- Anyone else think that the phrases "there are reports of golf ball size hail" and "weather watchers in the area report a funnel cloud has touched down" are inaccurate 99% of the time?
- Don't forget, that the Skinny Dipper 5K in Decatur at one of our local nudist results is this weekend. Trivia? Last year the top five women in the 19 to 29 year old range were named Jessica, Emily, Heather, Tiffany and Megan.
- K.C. of K.C. and the Sunshine Band was interviewed at the Rangers game on Friday night by Jim Knox who had him sing a line of "Get Down Tonight." He obliged. How he's not beaten down is beyond me.
- Fox 4 weather man Ron Jackson's house burned.
- Kate Middleton is about 100 times hotter than Princess Di was.
- The Update this morning lists an obituary for someone who had the nickname of "Nig."
- News that just caught my eye: "Nearly 500 Taliban prisoners escaped from Kandahar prison in southern Afghanistan through a tunnel hundreds of yards long, officials said Monday." Good grief.
- I felt like Michael Douglas in Falling Down this weekend when I actually uttered the phrase, "Yeah, I'd like the Mooyah burger . . . . "
- Had Easter lunch at the Gaylord Texan yesterday. Watching little kids all dressed up is really, really fun.
- Want to go on a cruise with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders? Well there was one but it was cancelled due to lack of interest (A Dallas Morning News story that's behind a paywall - a policy which has to be a failed bit.)
at 8:36 AM