- Heard Alvord ISD had a delayed opening this morning. Not sure about others. Slidell looked icy on the ol' weather map.
- The new Republican Alabama governor, shortly after inauguration, said that anyone who was not a Christian was not his "brother or sister." I guess that's fine for the new pastor on the corner (maybe), but not for an elected official. He's already backtracking.
- The new Republican controlled House voted to repeal Obamacare yesterday. I guess that's OK for a Tea Party meeting but not an elected body (since the vote is only for show with no chance of becoming law.)
- Jennifer Aniston in Allure is a triple "Hey, Now." She's definitely not sporting "The Rachel."
- Surprised that the Arizona Representative who was shot in the head stood up yesterday.
- Kyle Clifton trivia question from yesterday: He was flagged for jumping up and down on defense before a field goal attempt by the other team. The rule is (or was) that you could not leave your feet on defense before the ball was snapped.
- Mrs. LL's operated wrist is doing very well. Just about three more therapy sessions.
- It'll be slow posting today --- it's jury trial day. Yep, DWI. I love it and hate it at the same time.
- The toughest part about preparing for one of those trials is not voir dire, cross-exam, or closing argument. That stuff is easy. It's watching the video listening for every little word and watching for every little misstep.
- If you read the 100th most popular book on the best seller list, is it safe to say you would never meet anyone that has also read it?
- No way I'm watching American Idol. And then I looked up to see that it has been TIVO'd. That's some recorded space I'll never get back.
- I think it's bad when I hear a pop, smell an electric fire, and see a small poof of smoke come out from Mrs. LL's chair. Yep. Happened last night.
- I took a beating on the "DA Sorriness" post yesterday. That's fine. But my point was that an elected official did not need to be using his official Twitter account to point out a spare web site posting booking photos of DWI suspects. My posting of the funny booking photos out of Denton is worthy of criticism, but I'm not an elected official who is sworn to do justice.
- But I don't mind the criticism. Of all the things I'd change about me, my thick skin is not one of them.
- Obama's approval rating is back above 50%. Look out, folks. I've said for months that if the economy turns around he is a lock to win re-election. Wise County political views are not the national political views.
at 8:15 AM