- Mrs. LL and I have decided that our memories are so bad that we are very much like the movie "50 First Dates."
- I whip her so much with sports that I turned to her on Saturday (while a conversation about Cam Newton entering the draft was on the radio) and said, "You pretty proud of yourself for knowing who Cam Newton is?" Her response, "Who is Cam Newton?" Maybe she doesn't listen as much as I thought.
- Having a 7th Grader in the house reminds me how much I hated 7th Grade. There's a lot of drama going on at that age.
- Steeler QB Ben Roethlisberger wears a glove on his throwing hand.
- Mrs LL actually said, "You're wearing that shirt?" before we went out on Saturday. I guess "But it's comfortable" is not the best justification in the world.
- I don't know who is running HBO, but they know what they are doing.
- Mrs. LL loved Temple Grandin. Me? Not so much.
- Apple's Steve Jobs announced he was taking a "medical leave" this morning. Just a hunch, but I think something very bad is going on.
- "Don't Stop Believing" has become so pop culturally iconic, I'm kinda happy I saw Journey perform it live at Reunion Arena back in the day.
- We ate at the sushi place near the Sam Moon in North Fort Worth on Friday. Are sushi places popping up everywhere?
- It may be a good thing that the Runaway Bay police chief keeps such a low profile that I didn't even know his name after four years of service.
- "Teachers in Tarrant and surrounding counties make an average of $51,370, the highest of any region in Texas."
- I'm a big fan of the Messenger, but its decision to print incendiary Ken Hughes letters and then fill up the paper with anti-Ken Hughes letters the following week seems like a failed bit to me.
- Former Denton Sheriff Weldon Lucas has died. I met him once when I was DA and was strongly considering backing out of the Drug Task Force which he supported. I was way ahead of my time.
- "There has to be an easier way to get a standing ovation" - Michael Douglas (at the Golden Globes last night as he implicitly acknowledged that the crowd was supporting him as he battles cancer.)
- "I wished I had Johnny Depp's look." -- Me watching the Golden Globes last night which got the strangest look from Mrs. LL.
- Foot fetish coach Rex Ryan in the Super Bowl would be fantastic. (And Dallas just hired his long haired brother as defensive coordinator).
at 8:29 AM