- Southlake High School has moved its graduation ceremonies for tonight to Cowboys Stadium because of the heat. They don't rough it much in that town, do they?
- Call me crazy, but is there any chance the "blown call" in the Perfect Game two days ago was intentional? Could we be dealing with an egomaniac umpire who wants attention regardless of the cost?
- Isn't there some recognizable psychological phenomenon where a mother will kill her child for attention? Wasn't that a scene in The Sixth Sense?
- My mid-life-crisis-lose-weight project update: Down 16 pounds. Now I've just got to find some program to tone up. And I hate lifting weights.
- Someone made a comment yesterday about my Israel random thought which not only attacked me but proved they may be the most ignorant commenter ever.
- Do I believe the Pac 10/Big 12 rumor? Yes, I do. Am I sick about it? Yes, I am. I remember sitting in the Baylor stands while in law school (when the team was good) and thinking, "I enjoy this so much, and I'll get to do this for the rest of my life."
- Megan Fox has been in a bikini all week.
- Even I think it's suspicious to be a suspect in a killing in Aruba and in Peru: Joran van der Sloot.
- I'm still upset: I guess the also-rans of the old Southwest Conference could get back together. Baylor, TCU, Houston, Rice, SMU. And then look around and see what other spare teams you could pick up. North Texas? UTEP? Kill me.
- The Decatur Walmart "missing baby" story yesterday was just weird. If it was a prank, it was a strange one.
- The term "scrapbooking" makes my eyes glaze over.
- Unemployment rate down to 9.7% this morning but there's also reports of little job growth. So confusing.
- One of the Golden Girls died yesterday. I don't think I ever watched a single episode of that show.
- My favorite old school sitcom: The Dick Van Dyke Show.
at 8:20 AM