- This make you comfortable?: New DPS troopers now only have to go through 18 weeks of training instead of 27 weeks. Is it that hard to find someone who wants that job?
- I watch the first 10 minutes of the NBA All-Star game just like the 108,000+ that were in Cowboys stadium. Fortunately, I had the option to change the channel once I immediately became bored.
- Jamie McMurray won the Daytona 500 yesterday and then tearfully mentioned that "my dad is here" while on Victory Lane. But dad, for whatever reason, had left early.
- And they had to stop the race twice because of a pothole? The Ticket joked about it this morning by playing excerpts from the "Because I'm a pothole" commercial.
- A commenter mentioned on here the other day that the "shin injury" to US downhill Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn might be a hoax to drum up publicity. Since she has miraculously healed over the weekend, I might buy into that theory.
- WBAP's Mark Davis built a snowman and posted a pic. If that's his house in the background, it's a big one.
- I flipped over and watched a bit of the Olympics yesterday but all they were showing me were guys cross country skiing and then hitting the ground and firing five rifle shots at targets. Riveting?
- I saw Avatar in 3D over the weekend. I would be able to give you a review, but since I sat in the second row, it was a little tough to tell what I saw.
- I blame myself for getting there 10 minutes before starting time (after buying tickets online), but are those first three rows really worth being in a theater?
- If given a choice between an arm injury or a leg injury, I'll take an arm injury every time.
- There's a report this morning that Special Prosecutor Run Amok Kenneth Starr will be Baylor's next president. You've got to be kidding.
- Lead singer of The Knack has died. I've always liked My Sharona.
- Oprah Winfrey didn't know Drew Brees had a birthmark on his face as she welcomed him to her show. Awkward.
at 8:22 AM