- I was lucky enough to catch two great endings: LSU/Georgia (3 TDs in last 5 minutes) and Michigan/Michigan State (overtime loss by Michigan after a furious rally to tie it).
- Texas Tech looked awful until halftime against New Mexico (which might be the worst team in Division I.) It all changed when they made a quarterback switch due to injury, and I bet there's now a quarterback controversy in Lubbock.
- The Texas/OU game in two weeks has lost a ton of luster. OU falls to 2-2 after losing to Miami. But I'm not certain Texas will win that game because I don't know if they are any good- they've played no one and only have Colorado next week which is also not a challenge.
- I don't know who is any good. This year's Cinderella, unbeaten Houston, gets beat by awful UTEP team, 58-41.
- And everyone wondered if unbeaten A&M was for real. Uh, not so much: Arkansas takes them down 47-19. (The game was at JerryWorld and we learned the Razorback fans still travel like they always have.)
- Obscure question: In the 4th quarter of the OU/Miami game, a Miami receiver catches the ball, makes a first, and then goes out of bounds. Color man Kirk Herbstreit says he should of stayed in bounds to use more clock. Normally, after a first down the clock is stopped but rolls again once the ball is set. But that's exactly what happened on the next play even though the receiver went out of bounds. Is that right?
- I really like knowing all the rules so stuff like that bugs me.
- Baylor played Kent State and won handily. But they looked awful. Absolutely awful. We go to OU next week and might not score a single point.
- TCU remains unbeaten but will have to go to BYU later in the season. For them, it's just a matter of staying focused.
- Miami is back to its old ways: The starting QB has "SWAG" as in "swagger" cut into his hair on the side.
- Fun game next week: Unbeaten Florida goes to unbeaten LSU for a night game in what is probably the wildest stadium for a night game in America.
- Today, I bet Denver beats Dallas.
- Huh?: I just looked up and saw Channel 8's Debbie Denmon is interviewing one of the gay men getting a divorce in Dallas live and on the set. But they are referring to him only as "J.B." to protect him.
at 7:49 AM