- My genius healthcare plan. Complaints: (1) "$400 to $600 isn't enough to cover my medical expenses over the years." First, baloney. How do you think insurance companies can survive if that is the premium they charge for a person. You just admitted they couldn't make a profit. Secondly, you forgot how my "open market" concept drives down costs. (2) "You take out another $500 out of my check, I can't survive." You might not survive because you can't read. That is already happening, but it is going to an insurance company. My trademarked health care plan lets you keep your money in an account that belongs to you. Which one would you prefer?
- Our U.S. AG thinks marijuana and heroin are basically the same. He said, "And I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana – so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that’s only slightly less awful." And that wasn't an off the cuff remark. They was a prepared speech.
- General thought: Racists these days don't wear Klan hoods. Especially smart racists. When you hear someone smart say something which makes you cock an eyebrow, ask yourself, "Is that something a very smart racist would say who doesn't want to admit, or maybe doesn't even know, he's a racist?" It's a test I've used for years.
- This Obamacare "Repeal and Replace" isn't going very well.
- I had my very intense re-occurring dream/nightmare of being back in college, having missed most of my classes, and not being able to find where they are even being held. It's so bizarre.
- For the one Dennis Prager fan out there, I listened to him yesterday and he said this: "We are living in an era of stupidity because so many people are going to college and being indoctrinated." Yes, being exposed to the world and other ideas makes you stupid. Stay in your closet and be smart. Sheesh.
- Resignation letter at Cleburne ISD: “Athletic Director Mark Walker and Human Resources Director Kyle Boles, along with Dr. Kyle Heath, have used such malicious tactics as bullying, harassment, and retaliation, and have threatened poor evaluations and non-renewal if I did not comply with their schemes.”
- I thought about doing a Top Ten Movie List Of All Time. It's impossible. I'll have to do special categories. I might start with Best Legal Movies and let you boys join in with suggestions.
- We watch a lot of softball in the house and I saw something yesterday that I had no idea what the rule is: What if the bat, because of some crazy fluke and ball spin, hits the ball twice before it goes into play? (And that's why I'd never be an umpire in a girl's softball league. Parents would be yelling, "That's a double hit!", and I'd have a question mark floating over my head.) Uh, what is the rule? I think dead ball.
- I rarely splurge and treat myself to chicken tenders but I did yesterday at Popeye's. They gave me dark gravy. Noy white. That's unacceptable.
- Fox 4's Mike Doocy said the morning on The Ticket that he fainted at work and was out for a few minutes. Doctors don't know why.
- Last chance to sign up for Liberally Lean March Madness Tourney.
at 8:38 AM