- George Dunham of The Ticket said this morning, with a voice sounding like mine did yesterday, that he was on his "third go round" with sinuses this Winter. As many sick people as I've seen, I think we are experiencing Mountain Cedar's Revenge.
- This is a flashback to the great Wise County Courthouse Crab Scandal of 2007:
- Why does every "visiting judge" who comes to Wise County seem to be so pissed off?
- When I was a kid and confused by the Watergate scandal my dad said to me, "If Nixon went on the air tonight and said 'The Russians are coming', no one would believe him." And you guys wonder why I am all over Trump's lies. (And I'm pretty sure he said that to me at the catfish restaurant at Wise County Park on Lake Bridgeport back in the day --- a great restaurant. El Chico Lodge was the name?)
- Speaking of Wise County Park, when I was DA, for some unknown reason I went by the entrance to it with then Sheriff Phil Ryan. There was a sign that read, "No Alcohol By Order Of The Wise County Sheriff." I looked at him and asked, "Can you do that?" He laughed out loud and said, "I don't know. You tell me."
- What a crazy "And Another out of Dallas." The kid extorted $28,000 out of her before she was busted.
- I've had the weirdest wake up tone for years: Fergie singing, "I hope you know, I hope you know, that this has nothing to do with you." I keep waiting for Mrs. LL to ask me, "Uh, you trying to tell me something?" But the Family Pups sure do like it.
- Good lord:
- And I take great comfort in the fact that the President's spelling is worse than mine.
- (And no wall will be built.)
at 8:33 AM