- Great. The Eighth Grader In The House has been diagnosed with strep throat, and I woke up with a sore throat sounding like Wolfman Jack. But I'm fighting through it because IATHWMISB. (Trademarked. All rights reserved.)
- Presidential Press Secretary Sean Spicer actually showed respect for the press yesterday. Sadly, that is now news.
- Academy Award nominations this morning for Best Picture: “Arrival,” “Fences,” “Hacksaw Ridge,”“Hell or High Water” (the only one I'm interested in seeing), “Hidden Figures,” “La La Land” (Overrated?), “Lion,” “Manchester by the Sea,” and “Moonlight. ”
- The commercials for "The Good Contractors List" make it sound like they are an insurance company which will be a huge shock to them once they understand they have to comply with a ton of insurance regulations.
- On the Dallas Morning News home page right now:
- Anyone else see the TV ad about a drug for constipation caused by opioids? The legal drugging of America has come so far that we need drugs for the side effects of the drugging?
- Me to my dad this weekend. "Trump shouldn't tweet early in the morning. Everyone needs a filter." Mrs. LL: "Says the guy who fires off hot and crazy opinions every morning without anyone looking at them first."
- TCU running back arrested for Public Intoxication. Side note: I'm guessing about 90% of all PI arrests could not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. But since it is a "fine only" crime, people just pay it and go on their way.
- Uh, think "you can pour a drink while dancing and look good doing it?" And the bar is on the "hunt" for talent? That's an official Star-Telegram tweet.
- "Alternative facts" and George Orwell's 1984. I've got to go back and read it.
- Isn't it odd that Trump never laughs?
- And Trump told a Congressional leaders yesterday in a private meeting that he believes up to 5 million illegal votes were cast against him. That wasn't just a political BS speech to a crowd of Trumpers, it was to high ranking elected officials behind closed doors. Does he believe that?
- I want everyone to read the post below.
at 8:39 AM