- "Boring!" - The Girls' In The House Response to me after I asked them how their first day of school went. This looks like it's off to a great year.
- Not a big fan of videos of tigers or other feline preying on other animals, but this gif labeled "Greatest tackle ever" just might be.
- It's the 50th Anniversary of the March On Washington (the thought of which will make you think we've come a long way until you randomly read the comments section here on a daily basis.)
- Radio guy Mark Davis said this morning that MLK's dream has "essentially come true." I'd tap the brakes on that. Big time.
- Tell me we won't bomb Syria. (Even Ted Cruz is against it.)
- Richie Whitt ranks the Top 10 Women in Dallas media. Man, I miss Megan Henderson.
- Some group called Florida Georgia Line set a record for the fastest sellout in Billy Bob's Texas history? And they are a country group which relies heavily on auto-tune?
- There are what would appear to be just normal people on Facebook hawking what are clearly pyramid schemes. And they go so far as to post pictures of money with captions like, "I just made a big deposit!! Join my program today." I can't imagine people dumb enough to get sucked in by that, but I'm sure it's true.
- Miley Cyrus' performance isn't quite as shocking once you realize it was on the network that gave us The Jersey Shore and 16 and Pregnant.
- Maj. Hason called no witnesses in his defense in the Fort Hood trial -- even in the life or death sentencing phase. I can't decide if he's crazy or using some super double reverse fake psychology.
- The Wise County Courthouse if finally getting a fire alarm system. Remember when the historic Hill County Courthouse burned down in 1993? I had thought it was because of a coffee pot left on overnight in the DA's office, but I'm not sure about that now.
- From the Update: A cop fires at the tires of a car occupied by four children when the driver took off simply because he had traffic warrants. What agency was that? DPS? Rhome PD? WCSO? (The Messenger didn't update the PDF version of their paper yet.) Edit It was Rhome PD.
at 8:39 AM