- I finally ate at GoGo Gumbo in Boyd last night. Pretty, pretty good.
- And they've got some high tone big city deserts. (I saw them, but didn't eat them.)
- Football earthquake yesterday: BYU announces it will leave the Mountian West (where TCU resides) and then the Moutain West raids the WAC and takes Fresno State and Nevada. All of this within 12 hours. Makes you think the Big 12 is on shaky ground.
- I think I agree with former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich: His retrial is a colossal waste of taxpayer money and the U.S. Attorney is either incompetent or foolish. Or both.
- And Blagojevich, if you didn't see it, was only convicted of "lying" to the government this week. (The jury was hung on twenty-something other counts involving him trying to "sell" the Senate seat vacated by President Obama.) I've always thought it was odd that it was a crime to lie to the government. Morally wrong? Sure. A crime? Not so sure about that.
- ">Video montage of the line, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." Top Gun may have been the first time I ever heard it.
- Nothing makes me shake my head more than the "Mosque at Ground Zero" controversy. I'm just dumbfounded. (And the Keith Olbermann commentary the other night is a must see for anyone with an open mind. But, then again, we can't take 12 minutes out of our lives to watch something like that.)
- I'm really not angry over the last 24 hours.
- Eva Longoria is distracting.
- The Cowboys will be playing this week's preseason game with two offensive lineman sidelined with injuries and a couple of spares getting to start. If Tony Romo gets hurt due to a sack, you'll see a firestorm against Wade Phillips of biblical proportions.
- There's supposed to be a trial going on in the Wise County Court at Law this morning allegedly involving a sex offender stealing a bag full of probation fees while attending a counseling session at the probation office. I've got to stick my head in on that one.
- I still think Obama will be re-elected if the economy will turn around. News: Unemployment claims announced this morning were the highest in nine months.
- Rolling Stone has some shocking covers. Case in point: This week's issue featuring True Blood actors. (Google it.)
- I never play games on my iPhone. Then I bought Tiger Woods Golf a couple of weekends back when it went on sale for 99 cents.
- Whatever happened to "Jim" who used to grade my Random Thoughts?
at 8:28 AM