- "How 'bout that ride in?" (That's for fans of The Hangover who kept up with me this weekend. I'll dedicate a post to it later. Promise.)
- I missed the coverage of the funeral this weekend for the Lancaster cop killed last week, but apparently a lot of officers were not pleased with the decision to give a police escort to his deceased killer who was the son of the Dallas Police Chief. Don't most processions have a cop or two helping out?
- It's odd, but I don't see a lot of funeral processions any more.
- It's brutal over at the City of Bridgeport. It has eliminated 25 jobs this year including 10 over the weekend. Wow.
- It's political death morning: Former Texas governor Dolph Briscoe and senile long term Senator Robert Byrd.
- And I hope she doesn't join that club: Former teen sensation Jennifer Capriati was hospitalized yesterday due to an overdose. Jogging in the afternoon was probably a bad idea.
- I tried to watch the season premiere of Entourage last night but was too sleepy to make it through it.
- Michael Douglas' ex-wife says their divorce decree entitles her to 1/2 of his income off the upcoming Wall Street 2 movie. (The article throws down Douglas' character's famous line, "Greed . . . is good."
- Ghana? We got beat by Ghana?
- This is abbreviated, I know. I'll make it up to you.
at 8:20 AM