- There were reports yesterday that Tiger Woods would pay $750 million in his divorce settlement. I would willing be inflicted with a lot of pain for that amount. (But I question the $750 million figure.)
- Tarrant County is having a "No Refusal Weekend" over the holiday weekend. One radio host said this morning that it's commonly referred to as "Vampire Weekend." I've never heard that, but kind of like it.
- Edit: Wise County is having a Vampire Weekend as well.
- I got my garbage disposal in. So far, so good. (But finding "plumber's putty" in the huge Home Depot took some searching.)
- Ranger Vladimir Guerrero is a beast. I heard the batting coach say his only responsibility as for as Guerrero is concerned is to "make sure he doesn't miss his turn at bat."
- As usual, that was a lot of coverage of a hurricane that turned out to be a big bag of nothing.
- 41 of 110 Supreme Court justices had no prior judicial experience before getting the gig.
- Didn't you cringe when you saw the funeral announcement for the two month old in the Update?
- The Dallas Police Chief's son had PCP in his system when he killed the Lancaster cop? PCP? I've been doing criminal law for 20 years and I've never prosecuted nor defended a PCP case.
- I've never seen any of the Twilight movies but I've heard the only way to see it is on opening weekend when the theater is full of crazy moms.
- Mike Snider was on WBAP this morning discussing this evening's final broadcast on KXAS Channel 5. Man, get ready for a meltdown between Jane and him -- I can sense it coming.
- But he said one of the biggest stories he covered wast the Delta crash at DFW. He said he grabbed his cell phone which was "as big as a brick" and started running. But that crash was in 1985 -- did they even have big phones back then?
at 8:35 AM