- Online typing test: I clocked in at 72 words a minute with one error. (I took a typing class in high school using the old IBM Selectric. Still one of the most useful courses I've ever taken.)
- Although Hurricane Talk gives me Tired Head, it is interesting that Ike might actually come up I-35 (after taking a bathroom break in Hillsboro) and hit DFW as a tropical storm. I don't ever recall that happening.
- And that would make for some interesting football games at Baylor (11:30 kickoff) and at UT (2:30 kickoff). TCU has one as well.
- Anyone remember the Super Conducting Super Collider?
- "Why don't you tell us what you really think" is a saying that powers me down.
- I didn't post a comment the other day because someone cut and pasted a book. Hey, create a link next time.
- I agree with some of the comments, there's something about that Sarah Palin voice that is beginning to get really annoying.
- The Ron Paul book, after a couple of chapters, is great. Our current system of government (with increaing centralized power in the federal government with states being an afterthought) is exactly what the constitution was designed to prevent. But no one really cares.
- Stopped by 7-11 on Western Center Boulevard yesterday to pick up a paper to read at lunch. Morning News? Out. Star-Telegram? Out. Had to settle for a USA Today which, actually, never disappoints.
- Man, I continue to think Hal Jay on WBAP doesn't have a comedic bone in his body.
- If you and I had been born in the Middle East to Islamic parents, we'd both bow towards Mecca this afternoon.
- Decatur is repaving some of its streets. Stage one: Rip up one inch of pavement and leave it that way for a few days. It gives you the feeling that your tires are being shredded underneath it.
- I've turned on WFAA's Pete Delkus. The man is just too dramatic.
- Robert Morgan in today's Messenger suggests that the Decatur Eagles opponent this week should throw the ball because the secondary is the weakest link on the Eagles' defense. He then goes on to say that the weakness is not due to a lack of talent. That, my friends, is the fine line that a small town sports reporter must walk.
- McCain adopting a "change" theme for his campaign is simply confusing. (And I can't believe the Republicans got upset over Obama's "lipstick on a pig" remark yesterday. It's what's called an "old saying". Is everyone just sitting around looking for a way to be offended? Sheesh, McCain used the saying last year. Edit: Emailer Keith just pointed out that Dick Cheney has used the expression as well.)
- I always see a lawyer at the driver's license hearing who is married to one of my ex-girlfriends.
- From the You Know Your Life Has Gone Terribly Wrong Department: " Pornographic pictures, a sword, and a bloody backpack helped police link a 29-year-old homeless man to the murder of a Dallas resident whose body still remains missing . . . . According to an arrest warrant affidavit, police found blood on the walls, floor and couch, along with what appeared to be human intestines in the bathtub." (From Fox 4 ...................News.)
at 6:04 AM