- I was fast asleep last night when that Oscar screw up for Best Picture took place, but I so wish I had seen it. I love train wrecks.
- The presenters were Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway because of the 50 year anniversary of Bonnie and Clyde. (It's still a better movie than anything made last year.)
- Mrs. LL and I watched Death Proof again this weekend. So dark. So great.
- Does the Decatur Booster Club have a bus? I keeping getting comments about it being misused.
- Once every few months or so three of my buddies at the courthouse will gang up on me and beat me down in a political debate to no end. I'm on the ultimate island during those things. I think the office staff even has pity on me.
- I could tell the Decatur Swap Meet was happening this weekend by all the broken down cars along 287.
- Trump has announced he will not be attending the White House Correspondent's Dinner. That's an evening where everyone makes fun of themselves and everyone else. It occurred to me that Trump cannot possibly ever engage in self-deprecating humor. Ever.
- The Eighth Grader in The House went on a supervised "date" this weekend. Once I get permission from his crazy mom to identify her, long term readers of the blog will be stunned -- as I was once I learned who she was -- what a bizarre coincidence it is. My head is still spinning.
- I don't know anything about high school basketball, but Decatur winning 102-37 in a playoff game seems weird.
- At least one judge on the Supreme Court this morning is disturbed about how redneck counties impose the death penalty more than others:
- I think my favorite Bill Paxton performance was in True Lies as the used car salesman.
- Judge Wapner died this weekend as well.
at 8:40 AM